What's New ?

Follow Us

Dec 27, 2009

MEMOIRS OF "3M WALLACE" PART 2

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS from 3M WALLACE.


Hey Folks!

I’m still working on my chicks and kicks article so I’ll have that for you next week. Anyway today I’m going to bitch about something that most of us can relate to, particularly if you have big feet like me (size 13), all of those got-damn European and Asian exclusives. This is something that has been happening for years but lately it’s really starting to get to me. I guess because I could always go on E-Bay and get the JD exclusives in a size 13 for relatively cheap. I’ve even been to London and picked up 3 or 4 pairs (no that was not the reason why I went to London). It was not that hard to get what I wanted in my size but lately (especially with the Asian joints), you can not get a 13 because they didn’t make a 13. Perfect example is the Air Force 25 and Hyperdunk from Clark Kent’s 112 pack (who is a size 13 himself if I’m not mistaken).




Just like the others in the 112 pack except if you didn’t live in either Japan, Korea, or China, you’re not getting it and definitely if you’re a 13. You guys remember those Jordan 3s they released some months ago. Everyone was pissed because it was a European exclusive, even though I’m pretty sure I could get my hands on a pair if I really wanted to. Now there’s a new Asian exclusive that’s pissing me off. Clark Kent (hey release some 13s man) has designed 2 Air Force 25s for heads out there. One is white and the other black both are 3M and nubuck with clear soles. I’ve heard that the Air Force 25s are really popular in Asia and not so much out here but still if the shoe is hot, the shoe’s hot and it will sale. I always wondered if there was any joints that was easily available in the states but not available outside the US. If any of you guys know, holler at me at jonwallace1@sbcglobal.net or on face book.



On a different note, as you know it’s that time of year when people start putting together best of 09 list and this blog is no different, except for one thing, I want your input. Of course I have my opinions but I want to know what you think. The categories will be Album of the Year (I‘m thinking either Cuban Link 2 or Slaughter House), New artist of the year(Wale or Pac Div maybe), Sneaker of the Year (Space Jams or Live Strong Aif Force 1s), and Movie Of The Year (The Watchmen, Black Dynamite, The Hangover, Capitalism). You get the idea and if you think of more best list, that’s cool too. I will be putting this together next week so get your picks in soon.
As you know I’m also a comic book head so if you guys are thinking about reading something in that realm I would suggest you pick up the trade paperback for Fables (which is about all those nursery rhymes you learn as a little kid from an adult point of view). What I’m reading now is Dark Avengers (how is Norman Osborn and his mentally disturbed crew going to take on The Molecule Man), Dead pool (if you want to laugh hard, read this), and The Siege; Cabal (who is the man behind the curtain?).





This time my shoe I want to see retro’d is the Nike Air Go (yes a Nike that hasn’t been retro’d yet). The originally came out in about 90 or 91 and is one of the lightest kicks I ever wore. OK that it for this time so get your votes in and oh yeah, if you’re a hottie who loves kicks, holler at me and you could be part of the next article.

image: kixfiles

-3M WALLACE

0 comments:

Post a Comment