What's New ?

Follow Us

Feb 25, 2010

CORNBREAD l SEATTLE TO LA l RIF LA pt.4

Wasup Pamilya? Hoy ano bah. I'm working my way back to LA asap, but in the mean time, I've been keeping myself busy. Peep my new project!! a '53 Chevy 210 Bel Air.




For all of you who invest 90% of your paycheck into kicks, YES, this may look like "Yard Art", BUT, oh how wrong you are my child. For the price of one of your "Holy Grails" sitting in your closet collecting dust because you are too scared to crease the toe-box, I just picked up a street rod classic with a PERFECT shell, all OG-uncut, and only a little cancer (rust) in the floorboard and the driver's side door. BASICALLY, if you'd like to compare, I just got the equivalent to coppin' Nike Berlin Vandals for $10 dollars...... My biggest inspiration for being a fan of the 1953/1954 210 Bel is Jesse James. He may build some beautiful bikes, but his 210 Bel Air is a monster!! As you can see, my rust bucket has some great potential!! OH!!! And different from your Holy Grail sneakers, when I finish my car and drive it down I-5, it will still be worth more than I paid. Your sneakers, sorry to say, but as soon as your Paris Dunks hit the street with your stinky feet in them, they just dropped a couple hundred bucks in value. :)
HERE'S SOMETHING FUN:
I mean, yall Asian people are cool and all, but sometimes I wonder about you guys. Directly across from a GROCERY STORE, you can by the latest technology in ass douches. My first thought was..... "okay, that makes sense. You just bought $100 in groceries for the week including fish sauce, Sriracha Rooster Sauce and tripe (basically a grocery bag full of bubble-guts), so you may need a luxurious ass douche."...... but then my American brain reactivated and realized how awkward this is!!! THERE'S A DAMN PAMPHLET TO EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS!!!!
I ASSUME from the first diagram, it shows your ass with poop in it and the second diagram is your ass after you douche it...... yeah.
This is random, but before I hit the club wit my homies, we had to let the cat get a drink of water. This is, honestly, the only way she'll drink water. I guess bowls are SOOO last year! (???)
Other than wondering why Seattle is having better weather than LA, building cars, inquiring about home colonoscopies and blankly watching a cat drink from a bathtub, I'm still spending all of my left brain, trying to reason with the crazy shit my right brain keeps talking about...... aka, still working on my clothing line. OF COURSE I'M NOT GOING TO SHOW YOU THE GOOD STUFF.... but you can see some of my leftovers. Below, you will find a snapshot of my design table. The sketches are nothing important. If you feel like using them for inspiration, it's about as cool as being the 5th guy in your group of friends to sleep with "the girl from the club" - so be my guest.
BYE FOR NOW (and "BUY" some kicks, new shoes on the calendar). I miss all yall. Oh and if anyone is interested, Ed is selling his collection of boat shoes!! That is, if you don't mind that he has never worn socks in his life... so boat shoes and sweat toes... it's really a toss-up.

- CornBread

0 comments:

Post a Comment